Your HVAC is a complex system. When not handled properly, it can bring risks to your family and home. Air conditioners can be a source of electrical fire due to faulty wiring or an overloaded circuit breaker. Preserve the quality condition of your AC while maintaining a safe and healthy home by fixing electrical issues in the system immediately. Watch out for these 3 signs of AC electrical failure in your home:
There is a burning smell coming from your AC.
Can you smell a burning plastic coming from your air conditioner? If yes, turn off the power to the system right away and call a qualified AC technician. You might have a wire burning somewhere in your system, which can be due to short circuits, defective breakers, or old wiring material.
Your AC won’t turn on or off.
This is one of the most obvious signs something is wrong with your air conditioner. If your AC refuses to turn on or off, faulty wiring may be to blame. When your AC wiring becomes damaged or corroded, it will not be able to transmit electricity to your system. Finding the faulty wiring in your AC can be dangerous, so it would be best to ask for help from the pros.
Your energy bill is unusually high.
There is nothing more frustrating than receiving an unusually high cooling bill at the end of the month, especially if you haven’t changed your air conditioner use at home. A skyrocketing energy bill is a sign of a developing electrical problem in your HVAC.
If you notice any of these telltale signs of AC electrical failure in your home, make no delays and call a professional air conditioning repair service right away. Neglecting electrical issues in your HVAC can lead to dangerous breakdowns. Call your trusted local professionals to book a service today!