Whether you’re planning a total bathroom renovation or just want to refresh your space, there are a few essentials you’ll need to take into account. Here are 10 things to keep in mind when planning your bathroom makeover:
- Functionality is key. Think about how you use your bathroom and what you need from it. This will help you determine the layout, fixtures and storage you’ll need. You may also want to consider ADA compliance if anyone in your household has special needs.
- Storage is essential. A well-designed bathroom will have plenty of storage for all your toiletries, towels and other items. Built-in cabinets, shelves and cubbies are all great ways to add extra storage.
- Lighting is important. You’ll want to make sure your bathroom is well-lit so you can see what you’re doing when using the space. Task lighting around mirrors and vanity areas is especially important.
- Ventilation is a must. Bathrooms can be damp and humid places, so proper ventilation is essential to prevent mold and mildew from taking over. A good exhaust fan should do the trick.
- Flooring should be practical. Bathrooms are high-traffic areas, so you’ll want to choose the flooring that can stand up to wear and tear. Tile is a popular choice for bathrooms because it’s durable and easy to clean. Another option is to use vinyl flooring that looks like tile or stone but is more forgiving if dropped.
- Walls should be waterproof. Again, because bathrooms can be damp places, it’s important to choose wall materials that won’t be damaged by moisture. Waterproof paint or tile are both good choices.
- Fixtures should be durable. Your bathroom sink, toilet and shower/tub should all be made from materials that can withstand years of use. Popular choices include porcelain, granite and stainless steel. You’ll also want to make sure your fixtures are properly installed to avoid leaks.
- The tub or shower should be comfortable. If you have the space, a separate shower and tub are always nice. But if you’re tight on space, make sure your shower is large enough to be comfortable and has good water pressure. This is especially important if you have young children who will be using the shower.
- The toilet should be efficient. If you’re planning on remodeling your bathroom, you may want to consider an eco-friendly toilet. newer models use less water per flush and are therefore more efficient. You may also want to consider a composting toilet if you’re really interested in being green.
- The sink should be stylish. Your bathroom sink is one of the first things people will notice when they enter the room, so make sure it’s stylish and well-designed. Pedestal sinks, vessel sinks and under-mount sinks are all popular choices. Its countertop should be granite from Salt Lake City or other areas in the US.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when planning your bathroom renovation. By taking the time to consider your needs and wants, you can create a space that’s both stylish and functional. You deserve a bathroom you love!
Quoted from Various Sources
Published for: red wine stain removers